|Launched||3 July 2012|
The Box Plus Network|
(Bauer Media Group/Channel Four Television Corporation)
|Picture format||576i (16:9 SDTV)|
|Audience share||0.01% (September 2015 , BARB)|
|Formerly called||Heat (2012–2016)|
|Sky (UK only)||Channel 359|
|Eutelsat 28A||11389 H 27500 2/3|
|Virgin Media||Channel 330|
|Virgin Media Ireland||Channel 714|
|Box Plus||Watch live|
|TVPlayer||Watch live (UK only)|
|Virgin TV Anywhere||Watch live (UK only)|
|Horizon Go||Watch live (Ireland only)|
Box Upfront (formerly Heat) is a British music television channel owned by The Box Plus Network, a joint venture between Bauer Media Group and Channel Four Television Corporation. It launched on 3 July 2012, and was originally based on the magazine of the same name. The channel replaced Q.
The channel features daily celebrity gossip show Heat's Huge News, as well as a 60-minute programme rounding up weeks stories, titled Heat’s Huge Week of News, which is produced by ITN. In addition, ITN Productions co-produces celebrity documentary series Real Stories with Box Television. Heat also features The Heat-Ometer, its pick of the 20 biggest music videos narrated by Heat editor, Lucie Cave.
On 2 April 2013, all Box Television channels went free-to-air on satellite, apart from 4Music which went free-to-view. As a result, the channels were removed from the Sky EPG in Ireland. However, Heat launched on Freesat on 29 April 2013, alongside Magic, following the addition of four other Box Television channels on 15 April.
- The New Music Mixtape - The latest music videos and biggest current releases.
- Incoming! Chart & Future Hits - The chart toppers of the present and the chart toppers of the future.
- ... Hot New Vid! - The latest music video from the biggest artists.
- Get This: Our 10 Hottest New Tracks Right Now - The top 10 tracks everyone is loving at the moment.7
- UK HOTLIST Top 20 - The 20 most streamed tracks on Spotify in the last week.
- UK HOTLIST Breakers - The 3 biggest new releases that are expected to hit the UK HOTLIST in the coming weeks.
- The UK Music Video Chart - With data supplied by YouTube, The UKMVC supplies you with the most watched music videos of the week.
- Upfront - With a new edition every month, Upfront showcases new talent as part of the Upfront Artist of the Month, interviews with the best artists around, playing the latest music videos and showing you how to get the look of your favourite celebrities.
- Box Upfront:... - An introduction to the Upfront Artist of the Month with the addition of a live performance of their latest single, followed by the music video for their latest single.
- The Official Box Upfront Chart - The 10 singles predicted to do the best in the comin weeks, with data supplied by Radio Monitor.
- RADAR! Fresh Music First - The freshest music video throughout the night.
- Super Fresh Breakfast - The biggest tracks to wake up to.
- HYPE - The latest music videos from the worlds of Hip Hop, R'n'B, Grime, Dance and Urban music.
- "Bauer axes Q TV after nearly 12 years to make way for Heat TV". Brand Republic. 23 May 2012.
- "ITN PRODUCTIONS WINS CELEBRITY NEWS DEAL FOR HEAT TV". ITN. 28 June 2012.
- "Heat TV to launch on 3 July". The Guardian. 23 May 2012.
- "Bauer's Box channels appear free-to-air on satellite". a516digital. 2 April 2013.
- "Magic and Heat TV stations added to Freesat". a516digital. 29 April 2013.
- "The Box Plus Network announces the biggest refresh in its 24-year history". The Box Plus Network. 19 May 2016. Retrieved 26 May 2016.