A builder's plate is usually a metal plate that is attached to rolling stock, bogies, construction equipment, trucks, automobiles, large household appliances, bridges, ships and more. It gives such information as the name of the manufacturer, the place and country of manufacture, the model number, the serial number, as well as the date of manufacture or date of fabrication of the item or unit.
- NBL builder's plate.
- Nippon Sharyo builder's plate.
- TS State of Maine shipbuilder's plate (as USNS Tanner).
- Builders Plate of the TSS Earnslaw.
- Leyland Motors builder's plate.
- Clyde Engineering builder’s plate on Queensland Railways 1740 class
- Montreal Locomotive Works builder's plate
- Builder's plate of Kinki Sharyo
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to |
- Thompson, Keith (2006-05-01). "Builder's plates: A locomotive's birth certificate". Kalmbach Publishing. Retrieved 2008-02-08.