Cattin' with Coltrane and Quinichette
|Cattin' with Coltrane and Quinichette|
|Studio album by John Coltrane and Paul Quinichette|
|Released||Late October/early November 1959|
May 17, 1957|
Van Gelder Studio, Hackensack, NJ
|The Penguin Guide to Jazz|
|The Rolling Stone Jazz Record Guide|
Cattin' with Coltrane and Quinichette is an album by jazz musicians John Coltrane and Paul Quinichette, released in 1959 on Prestige Records, catalogue 7158. It was recorded at the studio of Rudy Van Gelder in Hackensack, New Jersey, and issued two years after the recording sessions took place and after Coltrane's contract had already run out with the label.
All tracks composed by Mal Waldron, except where noted
- "Cattin'" – 7:20
- "Sunday" – 6:58 (Miller-Stein)
- "Exactly Like You" – 6:45 (Jimmy McHugh)
- "Anatomy" – 8:48
- "Vodka" – 9:02
- "Tea for Two" – 8:05*
- Bonus track on CD reissue
- John Coltrane – tenor saxophone (except on #3 & #6)
- Paul Quinichette – tenor saxophone
- Julian Euell – double bass
- Ed Thigpen – drums
- Mal Waldron – piano
- Billboard Nov 9, 1959
- Cook, Richard; Morton, Brian (2008). The Penguin Guide to Jazz Recordings (9th ed.). Penguin. p. 284. ISBN 978-0-141-03401-0.
- Swenson, J. (Editor) (1985). The Rolling Stone Jazz Record Guide. USA: Random House/Rolling Stone. p. 48. ISBN 0-394-72643-X.
- Lewis Porter. John Coltrane: His Life and Music. Ann Arbor: The University of Michigan Press, 1999. ISBN 0-472-10161-7, pp. 118.