Dr. María Isabel Fierro Bello is a researcher on Middle Eastern studies at the Spanish National Research Council's humanities branch in Madrid, Spain. Fierro has served as a visiting scholar at the University of Chicago Divinity School in Chicago, the School for Advanced Studies in the Social Sciences in Paris, The Institute for Advanced Studies at The Hebrew University of Jerusalem and the Institute for Advanced Study in Princeton. In 2020 she was elected to the American Philosophical Society.
- Maribel Fierro Archived 2012-12-15 at the Wayback Machine, Visiting Professor in Islamic Studies at the University of Chicago Divinity School. Accessed February 23, 2013.
- The Almohad Revolution:Politics and Religion in the Islamic West during the Twelfth-Thirteenth Centuries at Ashgate Publishing. Accessed February 23, 2013.
- Revisiting Al-Andalus: Perspectives on the Material Culture of Islamic Iberia and Beyond, Introduction, pg. xxiii. Eds. Glaire D. Anderson and Mariam Rosser-Owen. Leiden: Brill Publishers, 2007.
- Maribel Fierro at Alibris. Accessed February 23, 2013.
- Kathryn A. Miller, Guardians of Islam: Religious Authority and Muslim Communities of Late Medieval Spain, Introduction, pg. xiii. New York: Columbia University Press, 2008.
- Public Lecture with Maribel Fierro - Rescheduled at the University of Chicago Divinity School's official website.
- 2009, English, Conference Proceedings: Public violence in Islamic societies / edited by Christian Lange and Maribel Fierro. Hosted at the National Library of Australia's official website.
- The new Cambridge history of Islam / general editor, Michael Cook at the Western Washington University Library.
- Maribel Fierro (CSIC Madrid/University of Chicago), "The Turban and its Meanings in Al-Andalus", University of Illinois at Urbana–Champaign. Accessed February 23, 2013.
- Book review by Janina Safran. International Journal of Middle East Studies, vol. 39, # 2, May 2007. Pgs. 304-305. Cambridge University Press.