|Part of a series on|
Social and economic ideology that arose in the second half of the 20th century and in which the capitalist doctrine becomes deeper, being based on the technological revolution and on the internationalization of the markets.
It is a term used to designate a new form of capitalism that is characterized for correcting its excesses by means of the application of measures that guard over the social well-being.
The important aspects include a great economic freedom, attaching the private property of the industries and companies, moderated with a centralized economic planning, which can include that the State is an owner of some means of production.
It tries to support a balance between the economic growth, lower inflation, low levels of unemployment, good conditions of work, social assistance and good public services, across the intervention of the State in the economy.
It arises in the technological companies reconstructed in the postwar period.
The company generated by the neocapitalism unifies all its members in unsupportive consumers, because the consumption stops being a consequence of the productivity to turn into its lever. More than to produce for the consumption is consumed for the production. And from the political point of view, the neocapitalist system tends to the integration of the opponent powers, ' agglutinated in neoliberal structures that, as Marcuse was saying, can end up by consolidating the domination stronger than the absolutism. Since the neocapitalist mechanics does not lead so much to the clash the capital - work as to the creation, on one hand, of an oligarchy techno-bureaucrat and, for other one, to the participative marginalization and decisional of big masses of population, reduced to a paper of simple performers of the decisions of others and separated from their own management. Of such a way, which we can say that the word -> auto management has been erased, not already of the common language, but also, what is more serious, of the same union language. For this the analysis of the neocapitalist order not only must appear in economic terms and of class, but also in terms of organization of the power and their exercise for specialized elites: the techno-bureaucracy. That is to say, instead of analyzing the company as place where the middle class and the proletariat face, as Marx was supporting, thinking about the capitalism, it is more suitable to understand the company as a much more complex reality, which generates oligarchies of the power and the wealth, on the one hand, and for other one, one A big consuming population and, at the same time, consumed, in manipulated, mentally ill corporate purpose used as simple performer of the decisions of others. And the repeated experience allows us already the observation, repeatedly checked, of that the consumption realizes an ideological function of an of integration power - so much major more human lack of solidarity believes - and anti-revolutionary, up to this moment known.
There are some general features or typical elements that characterized current neocapitalism:
- Democratization of the consumption. To the hard-working class considered until middle of the century XX as producer, now the central thing is to turn the working class and to make it consuming.
- The science and the technology constitute a fundamental element and qualified persons need that they form a new caste of central importance in the new company: the tecnoestructura or tecnoburocracia. The force of -> simple work is replaced with forces of specialized work.
- In the United States America - hegemonic and imperialistic center of the present - a complex military person - manufacturer has been constituted and the expression has been coined, to name their leaders, pentagonal class.
- Diffusion of the medium like a way of being able to legitimize the system and of manipulation of the masses.
- Democracies controlled (Switzerland, USA, etc.) for the police and the computerized services of intelligence.
- The multinationals, which appear in the top phase of the Imperialism and which, in the practice, are even over the political States. They constitute the vertebral column of the neocapitalist system.