Rakesh Mohan Joshi
|Rakesh Mohan Joshi|
15 August 1961|
Jaipur, Rajasthan, India
Indian Institute of Foreign Trade (EMIT)|
University of Rajasthan (PhD)
University of Rajasthan (MBA)
National Dairy Research Institute
Rakesh Mohan Joshi is an Indian author, scholar and management expert. Known for his scholarly aptitude and a flair for writing, Prof. Joshi has authored many books which are widely prescribed as core text books in several business schools across the world. His case studies have been awarded by London Business School, besides several approbations. His case studies are published by European Case Clearing House (ECCH), London Business School, Administrator, the Journal of Lal Bahadur Shastri National Academy of Administration, Mussoorie, The Smart Manager etc.
At present he is the Professor and Chairperson,International Collaborations and Capacity Development at Indian Institute of Foreign Trade. He has been the Chief Resource Person for conducing capacity development programmes on International Trade as for participants based in several countries including Cambodia, Fiji, Philippines, Vietnam, Bangladesh, India, Islamic Republic of Iran, Nepal, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Republic of China, Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand. He also spearheaded India's efforts in building indigenous capacity in Africa in the area of International Trade and Business and is engaged in setting up a Pan-African India-Africa Institute of Foreign Trade in Kampala, Uganda. He has led the Indian team to conduct Capacity Building Programmes on International Business in several African countries including Ethiopia, Egypt, Botswana, Namibia, South Africa, Uganda, Rwanda, Burkina Faso, Sudan, Mauritius, and Seychelles.
- Doctor of Philosophy in Management, University of Rajasthan, Jaipur
- Executive Masters in International Trade, Indian Institute of Foreign Trade, New Delhi
- Master of Business Administration, University of Rajasthan, Jaipur
- Master of Science / Technology, National Dairy Research Institute, Karnal
Awards and Scholarships
- Awarded IIFT's Gold Medal for securing first position in Executive Masters in International Trade (EMIT)
- Lead Auditor, (for ISO certification), British Standard Institute, United Kingdom
- Full scholarship from Harvard Business School for EEPCL
- Indian Council of Agricultural Research's Junior Fellowship: for two years of post-graduation
- Rajasthan Co-operative Dairy Federation’s Scholarship for four years of graduation
- Board of Secondary Education Rajasthan T.W.F. Scholarship for four years of graduation
- Indian Council of Agricultural Research’s Scholarship for four years of graduation
- National Rural Talent Search Scholarship for three years during IX, X and XIth standard of schooling
- International Business (2009), Oxford University Press ISBN 978-0-19-567123-0
- International Marketing (2005), Oxford University Press ISBN 978-0-19-568909-9
Awarded Case Studies
- "Videocon’s Strategic Acquisitions to Become a Global Player in Consumer Electronics" 2008 awarded by London Business School
- “Gujarat Electricity Board’s Turnaround” 2007 awarded by London Business School
Research and Training
- Prof. Joshi has been actively involved in research and conducted training programs in several countries on issues related to Globalization, International Business, International Trade and Marketing for entrepreneurs, businesspersons, corporate executives, exporters, government officials and diplomats in several countries
- "FDI inflows down by about 60 pc in Aug". Times of India Economic Times. Retrieved 29 December 2015.
- Every Firm Today is Connected to International Business, CAT 100, July 2011
- "Events listing". London Business School. Retrieved 29 December 2015.
- Professor and Chairperson, International Projects Division at Indian Institute of Foreign Trade.
- "Education: A Key Indian Export to Africa" The Extraordinary and Plenipotenriary Diplomatist- Plus, Vol. III, Issue No. 6, July 2011, pp 19–20
- Ethiopia: First Capacity Building Training on Port Management, International Trade Conducted, The World Trade Review, 1–15 May 2009
- • "Indian Business Course Inspires Botswana Entrepreneurs", The Monitor, Gaborone, Botswana, 18 August 2018.
- • "Moontlike voordele met sluiting van Indiese handelsooreenkoms", Republikein, Windhoek, Namibia, 7 October 2010.
- • "Expert Calls for Value Addition", Sunday Times, Kigali, Rwanda, 28 Nov 2010
- • "Indian Training on International Business Concludes in Khartoum", Sudan Vision, Khartoum, Sudan, 17 July 2011.
- "International Business". Retrieved 29 December 2015.
- Oxford University Press
- “Nathu-la blueprint on export growth” The Telegraph,Calcutta, 13 September 2006
- “Indian trade team visits Burma border town”Indo-burma News, 27, April 2003
- "Training Program on Export Import Marketing”, FAPCCI News, November 15, 2010
- "“IIFT course for IAS officers”" The Hindu, Jan 22, 2009,
- "Indian Business Institution Educates Botswana Entrepreneurs on International Business" Ministry of Trade and Industry, Government of Botswana
- "Interview: Dry ports a hot topic at Indian training" Capital, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia