Regenerative thermal oxidizer
A regenerative thermal oxidizer (RTO) is a piece of industrial equipment used for the treatment of exhaust air. The system is a type of thermal oxidizer that uses a bed of ceramic material to absorb heat from the exhaust gas. It then uses this captured heat to preheat the incoming process gas stream and destroy air pollutants emitted from process exhaust streams at temperatures ranging from 815 °C (1,500 F) to 980 °C (1,800 F).
These gas streams are usually produced by processes requiring ventilation, including paint booths, printing, and paper mills. Municipal waste treatment facilities such as mechanical biological treatment plants are required by law in Germany to incorporate these systems. Biological alternatives to this system include biofilters and bioscrubbers.
They are suited to applications with low VOC concentrations but high waste stream flow rates. This is due to their high thermal energy recovery. The basic operation of an RTO consists of passing a hot gas stream over a heat sink material in one direction and recovering that heat by passing a cold gas stream through that same heat sink material in an alternate cycle. They are used to destroy air toxins, odors, and VOCs that are discharged in industrial process exhausts.
The following manufacturers have been involved in the development, design, and planning of waste gas purification systems for a wide range of industries:
- Combustion Controls Solutions and Environmental Services, Inc. with headquarters in Sylvania Ohio, USA,
- Durr Systems AG, located at Stuttgart, Germany, firstname.lastname@example.org : Durr (Thailand) Co., Ltd. Thailand@durr.com
- WK Asia-Pacific Environmental Pte Ltd, located at WCEGA Tower, Singapore,
- Combustion Research Associates headquarters in New Delhi, India,
- Tann Corporation (Kaukauna, WI),
- Lundberg (Bellevue, WA),
- Eisenmann AG with its headquarters in Germany and RTO core business in USA,
- Cycle Therm (Menomonie, WI),
- B&W MEGTEC Systems, located in DePere Wisconsin, USA.
- B&W MEGTEC ENVIRONMENTAL, located in Maintal, Germany;
- Banks Engineering,
- Colt Technologies (Dallas, TX) www.colttechnologies.net
- The CMM Group, located in De Pere, Wisconsin;
- CTP Air Pollution Control,
- Epcon Industrial Systems, LP.
- Dürr Systems, Inc., headquartered in Germany with U.S. Headquarters in Plymouth, Michigan
- Process combustion Ltd., located in the United Kingdom
- Anguil., and
- American Fabrication and Supply,
- Kentec. located in South Korea.
They produce systems to remove:
- Volatile organic compounds (VOC)
- Hazardous air pollutants (HAP)
- Carbon monoxide (CO)
- Nitrogen oxides (NOx)
- Hydrogen sulfide (H2S)
- Organic particulate matter (PM)
The industries they currently serve are:
- Ethanol Industry
- Coal Mining Industry (VAM)
- Car manufacturing
- Paint shop
- Food processing
- Sewage sludge treatment
- Metal recycling
- Paper manufacturing
Different solutions to the waste gas problems of one of the mentioned industries are available:
- Catalytic Oxidizers (CO)
- Regenerative Thermal Oxidizers (RTO)
- Regenerative Catalytic Oxidizers (RCO)
- Fluidized bed concentrators (FBC)
- Fixed Bed Adsorbers
- Rotary Concentrator Adsorbers
- Smoothing Bed
- "CCS&ES - Manufacturers of thermal oxidizers, furnaces, flares, burners, scrubbers, gas dehumidifiers".
- "WK Asia Pacific".
- "CRA - Manufacturers of Flares, Burners, Scrubbers, Gas Dehumidifiers".
- "Regenerative Thermal Oxidizers". Tann Corporation.
- "Thermal Oxidation - Lundberg".
- "Exhaust Air Treatment – The Regenerative Thermal Oxidation (RTO) Process". Eisenmann AG. Archived from the original on June 13, 2011.
- "Regenerative Thermal Oxidizer : Cycle Therm".
- "CLEANSWITCH - Regenerative Thermal Oxidizer - B&W MEGTEC".
- "Regenerative Thermal Oxidizer (RTO) - B&W MEGTEC ENVIRONMENTAL".
- "About RTOs (Regenerative Thermal Oxidizers)" (PDF). Banks Engineering. 2007.
- "Regenerative Thermal Oxidizer (RTO) - The CMM Group".
- GmbH., CTP. "CTP Air Pollution Control: Regenerative Thermal Oxidation - VOXcube".
- "Regenerative Thermal Oxidizer (RTO)". Epcon Industrial Systems.
- Nestec. "Regenerative Thermal Oxidizers (RTO) - NESTEC, Inc.".
- "Ecopure RTO: for the efficient purification of exhaust gas". Dürr AG. Archived from the original on March 27, 2013.
- "Regenerative Thermal Oxidisers - Process Combustion".
- "Regenerative Thermal Oxidizer - RTO".
- "Emission Control Regenerative Thermal Oxidizers - RTO - Low Cost".
- "주식회사 켄텍".