The SP-555 has a microphone input that accepts 1/4 inch phone type, XLR type, and Hi-Z. The SP-555 also incorporates a loop capture setting, which allows looping samples that one can add to until recording is stopped. It also has the D Beam feature, which allows one to control 3 different effects physically, including synth, trigger, and filter. "V-Link" connects the sampler to lighting, allowing light effects to change in sync with the sample or loop. The SP-555 also has several pre-loaded live FX, including Voice Transformer, Delay, Isolator, "Super Filter", and "DJFX Looper". One feature, the Effect Memory, recalls previous settings on the pads without interrupting any sound while switching effects.
- Panda Bear (Noah Lennox) & Geologist (Brian Weitz), Members of experimental pop band Animal Collective
- Kai Campos, member of English electronic music duo Mount Kimbie
- DJ Pro-Zeiko, Berlin-based artist and DJ
- Mndsgn can be seen performing live with the SP-555 in his March 2014 Boiler Room set.
- http://www.roland.com/products/en/SP-555 19 December 2014.