|Birth name||Stephen Andrew Perkins|
|Born||September 13, 1967|
|Genres||Alternative rock, alternative metal|
|Occupation(s)||Musician, songwriter, producer|
|Instruments||Drums, percussion, steel pan|
|Labels||Triple X, Warner Bros., EMI, Capitol, Epic, CyberOctave, Sanctuary, Blood Stained Stars|
|Associated acts||Jane's Addiction, Porno for Pyros, Banyan, The Panic Channel, Infectious Grooves, Methods of Mayhem, Nine Inch Nails|
Stephen Andrew Perkins (September 13, 1967) is an American musician and songwriter. A drummer and percussionist, he currently plays with Jane's Addiction and Hellflower.
Following the dissolution of Jane's Addiction, Perkins continued to play with frontman Perry Farrell in the rock band Porno for Pyros. He also has a solo project called Banyan, and in the 1990s was involved in Lil' Pit with Mike Watt. In 1992, he appeared as percussionist on Rage Against the Machine's "Know Your Enemy" and in 1995, contributed percussion to the Red Hot Chili Peppers song "One Big Mob" on their album One Hot Minute (fellow Jane's Addiction member Dave Navarro was the guitarist for the Chili Peppers during the making of that album). Perkins also played drums on the Nine Inch Nails album The Downward Spiral on the track "I Do Not Want This". In addition to Banyan, Perkins worked with Jane's Addiction guitarist Dave Navarro, Jane's Addiction bass player Chris Chaney and singer/guitarist Steve Isaacs on a project entitled The Panic Channel from 2004 until 2007. Perkins was also involved with members of Suicidal Tendencies in their Infectious Grooves side project, as well as Hellride, a Los Angeles-based Stooges cover band. Jane's Addiction reunited and played at the NME Awards in April 2008, and have since played a few club shows.
According to Farrell's comments during a Jane's Addiction show in Tel Aviv on September 1, 2011, Perkins (whose Hebrew name is Shlomo) celebrated his bar mitzvah on August 31, 1980. The next day, he got his first drum set – the date of the 2011 show marking the 31st anniversary of Stephen playing drums.
- 1987 Jane's Addiction
- 1988 Nothing's Shocking
- 1990 Ritual de lo Habitual
- 1991 Live and Rare (Compilation of live tracks, demos, and a couple album tracks)
- 1997 Kettle Whistle (Compilation of live tracks, demos, new songs and unreleased material)
- 2003 Strays
- 2006 Up from the Catacombs (Greatest hits album)
- 2009 A Cabinet of Curiosities (Box set)
- 2011 The Great Escape Artist
Porno for Pyros
Nine Inch Nails
- 1994 The Downward Spiral (album) Drum performance for "I Do Not Want This"
- 1999 Rev
The Panic Channel
- 2006 (ONe)
- 2010 Us You
- "Hellflower". American Voodoo Records. Retrieved 2011-10-24.
- Stephen Perkins' official site
- JanesAddiction.org – extensive discography and information
- Stephen Perkins at the Internet Movie Database