Take a Break (magazine)
|Categories||Women's weekly magazine|
|Frequency||Weekly (every Thursday)|
Take a Break is a weekly magazine aimed at women, currently published in the United Kingdom by H Bauer Publishing, the UK subsidiary of the German-owned family business, the Bauer Media Group. It retails at 92 pence and a new issue is published every Thursday. Take a Break is the most circulated women's magazine in the United Kingdom, and the 12th most circulated overall, with estimated circulation figures at 900,016 for the second half of 2009. Circulation figures dropped below 600,000 in 2015 but the magazine remains the most circulated women's magazine in the United Kingdom. The magazine sits within the true life sector of the women's weekly market and is aimed at women who prefer to read stories about everyday women rather than celebrities. An element of the magazine is its competitions, the magazine gives away over £32,000 worth of prizes in every issue and pictures of the winners are printed in the magazine.
Take a Break is currently edited by Rebecca Fleming, the magazine has been voted Best Women's Weekly by the British Society of Magazine Editors on nine occasions, including 2007 and 2009. Take a Break has a number of brand extensions, including Take a Break's Fiction Feast which runs an annual Young Fiction Writer of the Year competition and a number of puzzle magazines. The magazine also has a website so that readers can enter competitions, sign up for one of the magazine's campaigns or send in stories online. As well as features, the magazine may feature puzzles, such as crosswords, word search, sudoku or arroword.
- Fate & Fortune
- Fiction Feast
- My Favourite Recipes
- Puzzle Magazines
- Code Breakers/Code Breakers Collection
- Criss Cross
- Crosswords Collection
- Hide 'n' Seek Wordsearch
- Picture Arrowords
- Puzzle Selection
- Seasonal Puzzle Collection
- Su-doku Killer
- Su-doku Selection
- Take A Crossword (Britain's best selling crossword magazine)
- Take A Puzzle
- Wordsearch/Wordsearch Collection
- "Advertising information: Take a Break". H.Bauer Publishing Limited. Retrieved 29 March 2016.
- ABC – UK
- "Take a Break Magazine | Take a Break. Britain's No.1 women's weekly magazine". Takeabreak.co.uk. Retrieved 2012-09-15.
- "puzzlemagazines.co.uk". puzzlemagazines.co.uk. Retrieved 2012-09-15.
- Julia.Toni@bauer.co.uk. "H Bauer Publishing". Bauer.co.uk. Retrieved 2012-09-15.