Third World (disambiguation)
|Look up Third World in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
The term Third World is usually used:
- As a political term for countries that remained non-aligned with either of the two superpowers during the Cold War.
- To refer to the Third World of the maoist Three Worlds Theory, another Cold War political concept.
- As a loose term for all developing countries, a number of which fit both of the above definitions.
Third World can also refer to:
- Third World (band), the Jamaican reggae band formed in 1973
- The Third World (album), a 1970 album by Gato Barbieri
- The 3rd World (Immortal Technique album) 2008
- Third World Child, a 1987 album by Johnny Clegg
- Third World War (band), an English rock & roll band formed in 1970
- Third-world feminism, also known as Postcolonial feminism
- Third World Media, an adult film production company
- Third World Network, a transnational alternative policy group