Kristy Louise McBain (born 29 September 1982) is an Australian politician.
|Member of Parliament for Eden-Monaro|
|Assumed office |
4 July 2020
|Preceded by||Mike Kelly|
|Mayor of Bega Valley Shire|
29 September 2016 – 1 March 2020
|Preceded by||Michael Britten|
|Succeeded by||Sharon Tapscott|
|Born||29 September 1982|
Traralgon, Victoria, Australia
|Political party||Australian Labor Party|
|Alma mater||University of Canberra|
McBain attended Eden Marine High School, before completing a double degree in Law/Communications at the University of Canberra.
McBain met her husband Brad in high school and runs a small plumbing business. They and their three children live in Tura Beach.
McBain became a councilor for Bega Valley Shire in September 2012 and became the mayor in September 2016.
McBain resigned as mayor and councilor in March 2020 to contest the July 2020 Eden-Monaro by-election for the Labor Party. She won the seat for the party with 50.4% of the two-party-preferred vote and was sworn in as a member of parliament on 24 August 2020.
- "Ms Kristy McBain MP". Parliament of Australia. Retrieved 16 November 2020.
- "Member for Eden-Monaro". Australian Labor Party. Retrieved 16 November 2020.
- "About Kristy McBain". Kristy McBain MP. Retrieved 16 November 2020.
- McKnight, Albert (1 May 2020). "Kristy McBain's step to federal politics welcomed; mayoral election planned to replace her". Bega District News. Retrieved 5 July 2020.
- "Federal parliament returns for historic sitting in pandemic; Labor MP Kristy McBain sworn in". Townsville Bulletin. 24 August 2020.
|Parliament of Australia|
| Member for Eden-Monaro