|Member of the Australian Parliament|
|Assumed office |
18 May 2019
|Preceded by||Craig Laundy|
16 November 1977
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
|Political party||Liberal Party|
|Parents||George & Kathleen Barbouttis|
|Education||Santa Sabina College and Rosebank College|
|Alma mater||University of Sydney|
Early years and background
Martin is the daughter of Kathleen and George Barbouttis. Her parents and maternal grandparents were born in Australia, while her paternal grandparents were Greek migrants to Australia from the island of Kastellorizo. Martin grew up in the electorate, attending Santa Sabina College in Strathfield and then Rosebank College in Five Dock. She is married to Nicolai, who was a Danish citizen at the time of their marriage, and they have four children.
In mid-March 2019 the member for Reid, Craig Laundy announced he would not be standing at the 2019 election. Martin was nominated by the Liberal Party, being described as a "captain's pick". She won the seat at the 2019 election.
- "Fiona Martin: Candidate checklist and additional documentation" (PDF). Retrieved 20 May 2019 – via Australian Electoral Commission.
- "Fiona Martin is your Liberal Candidate for Reid". Liberal Party. Retrieved 20 May 2019.
- Saulwick, Jacob (3 May 2019). "Reid candidate lives five minutes away from the marginal seat but is happy to return". The Sydney Morning Herald. Retrieved 20 May 2019.
- "Dr Fiona Martin". Sydney Psychology Centre. Retrieved 20 May 2019.
- Raper, Ashleigh (10 April 2019). "Scott Morrison's captain's pick for Reid up against Labor staffer and political operative". ABC News. Retrieved 20 May 2019.
- Green, Antony. "Reid (key seat)". ABC News. Retrieved 20 May 2019.
- "Dr Fiona Martin MP". www.aph.gov.au. Retrieved 23 January 2020.
|Parliament of Australia|
| Member for Reid